You may also like
Sisu Melatonin Supplement
Improved Rest Aid; Melatonin can help people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer and wake up less frequently by resetting an internal clock disrupted by jet lag, daylight savings time, or shift work.
High-Potency Melatonin Supplement; Ideal for people taking high doses of melatonin as part of adjunctive therapies for chronic illness.
Vegan-Sourced Melatonin; Pure, safe, synthetically-sourced melatonin is vegan, non-GMO, dairy, soy- and gluten free, non-addictive and does not produce the “hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
Melatonin 10mg Benefits
Our daily sleep/wake cycle is regulated by our “circadian rhythmâ€, the physical, mental and behavioural changes in our body that follow roughly a 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in our environment. The pineal gland at the base of the brain releases the sleep hormone, melatonin, when it gets dark, and suppresses production in the daytime. Older people can have problems sleeping because their melatonin levels are low.
Studies have shown that a melatonin supplement can help reset the internal clock disrupted because of travelling and jet lag, daylight savings time, shift work, or change in daily routine. It can also help counteract the stress hormone cortisol as cortisol is not being released during production of melatonin and in presence of adequate sleep hormone levels at night. Melatonin is non-addictive and does not produce the “hangover” effect of many sleep-aid drugs.
- High-potency tablet, designed to be swallowed (not a sublingual tablet because the naturally bitter taste is more pronounced in the higher amount of the active ingredient).
- Pure, safe, synthetic source (not sourced from animal brain tissue).
- Helps people with low melatonin levels fall asleep more easily, sleep longer and wake up less frequently during the night.
- Can be started a few days before you expect your normal schedule to be altered (shift change, travel).
- Reduces the fatigue caused by jet lag.
- Research indicates melatonin administered before surgery may help reduce post-operative pain and anxiety.
- Other possible uses of melatonin include the reduction of nocturnal hypertension and symptoms of irritable bowel and reflux (GERD).
- High dose of melatonin is currently being studied as an adjunctive therapy in certain types of cancer.
- Clinical research has found that melatonin can help reduce benzodiazepine withdrawal symptoms or improve quality of sleep when added to benzodiazepine therapy.
*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.